Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Legislature

I am troubled and upset. What has become of our Legislature? Yesterday they vote to ignore the Constitution of the State of South Dakota and allow the Regents to infringe on the rights of adult citizens of the State to keep and bear arms. Lets not forget our Constitution is pretty explicit about the right to bear arms... go read it yourself. There isn't alot of confusion over what that means. Yet for some reason the Regents retain super legislative authority to ignore the supreme law of our State. Today General PP brings to our attention HB 1237, an outright ban on smoking. I don't smoke, but I damn sure believe I should have the right to smoke if I want to. What about a good cigar or pipe? According to this I wouldn't be able to enjoy either of those in public. This is ridiculous. Is the ban on smoking in my home next? What follows that... drinking alcohol, eating candy or french fries? If they're going to consider nonsense like this our Legislature doesn't need more time each year, it needs less. What ever happened to all those good Republicans we're supposed to be sending in there? Did they all forget to show up the last couple of days?

No comments: