Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Highway Patrol

I haven't commented on this particular debate yet for one reason. I completely agree that the fat needs to be cut from the budget and from state government. However, I don't think it should be Governor or his glorified accountants that decide the HP is running inefficiently. I think Marion's true colors are starting to show through. This session started off with a lecture to the Legislature. "Don't you dare spend any more money than what I am asking for because times are tight. Oh yeah give me 10 million for a new energy loan program, but times are tight!" Next thing you know Abdallah and some others stand up and say they aren't going to go along with Smilin' Mike on the HP cuts. Suddenly the comments from the Gov's office on this whole deal took a rather icy turn. (Opie is definitely earning most of his money this session) Now we see that KELO has internal memo's regarding the highway patrol cuts. After reading the memo's I think Marion has some explaining to do. At the very least I don't think he has been entirely forthcoming about the effect these cuts are going to have. I think thats the nicest way you can put it. It will be interesting to see what the reaction is to these memos now that they are out in the open.

No comments: