Saturday, February 16, 2008

Knight Rider

I was a huge fan of Knight Rider when I was a kid. I'm completely stoked to check out the new Knight Rider movie. It airs on NBC on Sunday night. KITT is now a Ford Mustang, which I don't mind at all. I've always liked the more muscular look of the Mustang over the Trans Am. I've heard that NBC has product placement deals with Ford and that's the cause of the change. Of course they don't make the Trans Am anymore either, but the body is still used in IROC racing so it wouldn't have been impossible to get something that looked close to the original. If the two hour movie does well I understand there are plans for a new series. I can't wait! I hope they bring super pursuit mode back as well. If Val Kilmer can voice KITT as well as the original this will be awesome. Now if only that A-Team movie will get off the drawing board I can wallow in even more 80's nostalgia bliss.

No comments: