Thursday, January 31, 2008

Presidential Politics

I have to say that I am not at all excited about the remaining GOP candidates for President. All of them make me feel like I just kissed my sister. McCain supports amnesty and will apparently not support conservative judges like Alito. Romney has changed positions on issues more times than John Kerry. Mike Huckabee strikes me as a televangelist invoking the name of his god while trying to reach into my pocket. Ron Paul is well... Ron Paul. At this point I don't know if I want any of them to win the nomination. Is it possible for the GOP to get a do over on this whole election thing? I will say this... not since Reagan have I heard a politician that can invoke as much feeling from his listeners as Obama can. I don't know if any GOP candidate would be able to beat him in a general election.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, was looking up something and came across your blog & comment about "Ron Paul is well...Ron Paul." Just curious what you meant by that?

Do you think he's got great ideas but might not win the nomination? (actually he's got many delegates and McCain may be dropping out broke soon)

That he has something important and truthful to say but doesn't have his speeches written professionally for him like the slick Obama who has slogans like "hope" or "change" but no business plans of action?

You really should give Ron Paul a chance and watch some videos of him on Youtube. He's not on the Top 10 list of Corrupt Politicians (like Obama and Clinton) nor will he ever be. Thanks.